NMD Studio @ Masjah COVID Protocols & Cleaning Policies.
MASK ADVISORY FOR VACCINATED AND UNVACCINATED RESIDENTS
Effective July 30: The Department of Public Health has issued a new mask advisory in light of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidance. Fully vaccinated individuals are advised to wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home) if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is an unvaccinated adult. Masks are still mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, MBTA, Commuter Rail and transportation stations), in healthcare facilities and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
The Department of Public Health issued a public health advisory effective July 30 that advises all unvaccinated residents to continue to wear masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance. The advisory also recommends that vaccinated residents who are at increased risk from COVID-19, or who live with someone at increased risk, should wear a face covering indoors (other than in their home).
The following persons are exempt from the face coverings requirement:
- Children under 5 years old.
- Persons for whom a face mask or covering creates a health risk or is not safe because of any of the following conditions or circumstances:
- the face mask or covering affects the person’s ability to breathe safely;
- the person has a mental health or other medical diagnosis that advises against wearing a face mask or covering;
- the person has a disability that prevents them from wearing a face mask or covering; or
- the person depends on supplemental oxygen to breathe.
To ensure that NMD Studio will meet cleaning and sanitizing standards, as well as appropriate social distance rules we have instituted the following protocols:
- All Students, Parents, Teachers, Staff are asked and highly recommended to wear their masks, but it is not a requirement. All children under the age of 5, are exempt from wearing a mask. Please see https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-mask-requirements for more information.
- Parents will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room while their child is in class – All students can be dropped off by Parent/Guardian, then must go to the car and wait till the end of class to pick your dancer up. We will have Zoom streams available to watch classes from your car or home. Our hope is that this will help ensure less traffic and less contact to help stop the spread of germs and viruses. This is only until the Government changes their regulations.
- All classes will be limited to 10 students and one teacher.
- Any classes such as Stretch, Yoga, Pilates etc. students will be required to bring their own mats.
- If there is any student, parent, family member, teacher or staff that doesn’t feel well we ask them to stay home and not to return to the studio until they feel well or cleared by their doctor.
- If any parent, family member, student, or staff has had exposure to COVID, they are required to take a negative COVID test before returning to the studio.